Lips are a very important feature of face defining your beauty. Broad lips especially the lower one can be very unattractive and may become an attention seeking thing for people you are interacting with. It can become a cause of social ridicule for some people and they lose self-confidence due to constant teasing for it. Attractive looking lips have been defined by Fi Ratio i.e. The ratio of width of lower lip to upper lip should be 1.6. This ratio can be achieved by undergoing a simple procedure called as Lip Reduction Surgery.
The extra lip mucosa to be excised is marked as depicted with the final result to achieve a width of 7-8 mm for the upper lip and 10-11 mm for the lower lip. The excision pattern is designed to excise the lip in a form of bikini to give it an attractive shape.
The procedure is carried out under local anaesthesia with no pain. You will be awake during the procedure. The procedure lasts for 30 minutes and you can return back home after 1 hour.
There is no need of any dressing
- You will be given absorbable stitches, so there is no need to get them removed.
- You need to apply an antibiotic ointment over the lips for 1 week
- You will also be required to apply petroleum jelly (Lip balm/Vaseline) over the lips for 3 weeks as the lips tend to get very dry initially.
- The lower lip tends to protrude outward for first 7-10 days and becomes normal after that, no need to worry
- After the initial 3 months, no scars will be visible.